Rates & Insurance
- Initial Diagnostic Evaluation (90 minutes): $240
- Individual Therapy Sessions (45 minutes): $160
- Family Therapy Sessions (45 minutes): $185
- Parent Coaching (45 minutes): $160
I also charge my individual session rate ($160.00) on a pro-rated basis for other professional services, such as school consultation, letter writing, communication with other professionals you have authorized, telephone calls lasting longer than 15 minutes, preparation of records or treatment summaries, and the time spent traveling to appointments outside of the office and performing any other service you may request of me. If you become involved in legal proceedings that require my participation, you will be expected to pay for my professional time even if I am called to testify by another party. Because of the difficulty of legal involvement, I charge $275.00 per hour for preparation and attendance at any legal proceeding.
I am a private pay therapist. For families with health insurance, I am happy to provide you with an invoice that you can submit to your insurance provider for possible out-of-network reimbursement. Another option is to use your Health Savings Account (HSA). When using out-of-network reimbursement or your HSA, you are responsible for paying full fees at the time of service. Before scheduling your first appointment with me, please consult with your insurance company regarding their out-of-network mental health coverage as benefits may differ across companies. Please note that health insurance companies will only provide coverage for health care services; parenting coaching is not reimbursable.
To seek reimbursement using your out-of-network benefits, you will need to file a claim with your insurance company after you have paid for your therapy sessions. This is a straightforward process with most insurance companies. You will automatically receive an insurance-ready receipt called a Superbill from me after the close of each month. You may also access your Superbills at any time through your personal online portal. If you would rather not file claims yourself, you can use a service like Reimbursify.
I’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
- Does my health insurance plan include out-of-network benefits?
- Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
- What is the rate of reimbursement for CPT codes 90791 (initial diagnostic evaluation), 90834 (individual therapy), and 90846/90847 (family therapy) with a PhD-level clinical psychologist?
- Does my plan limit how many sessions per calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
- Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
- How do I submit a claim for reimbursement?
I accept cash, check, all major credit cards, and HSA cards as forms of payment. Card payments are accepted directly through your personal online portal.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact me for any additional questions you may have about rates and insurance. I look forward to hearing from you!